You've been invited to a party and asked to bring a salad. It would be lovely to sift through your mountains of recipe books to find the perfect dish, but seriously, who has time for that?!
Try this super quick, easy and tasty pumpkin and feta salad to blow the socks off those party guests. One trip to the supermarket, 15 minutes in the kitchen, no culinary skills required and optional freestyle ideas for creative cooks. It will also leave your kitchen smelling delightful.
What to buy
What to do
1) Pre-heat oven to 200°C /180°C
2) Chop the pumpkin into cubes (you can even buy it pre-chopped!!)
3) Smother the pumpkin in olive oil, salt and pepper
4) Bake the pumpkin until you can easily stick your fork in and the edges are a bit crispy. It takes about 40 minutes but there's no exact science, it'll taste good regardless.
5) Toast the pine nuts in a fry pan with salt. Watch the nuts closely, move them around and remove them from the pan as soon as they turn golden.
Warning: pine nuts burn really fast! This step is simple but easy to mess up. Pine nuts are expensive so dedicate a few minutes of focus to avoid ruining them.
6) In a big bowl, add the spinach, the pumpkin (let it cool a bit first, otherwise it melts the feta), crumbled feta, the pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Optional: mix in the quinoa (cooled down) and sprinkle on some cranberries.
Another great idea: bring some Fodbods. They look terrific cut up on served on a wooden board and everyone will love you ;)