Meat Free Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is nutritious, delicious, and great to meal prep for lunches. It's also plant-based and FODMAP friendly so everyone can enjoy! Another plus? Rice paper rolls are super versatile so feel free to experiment with other colorful, shredded veggies or alternate protein choices.
They're super fun to make but even better to eat - enjoy :)
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g firm tofu
- 1 baby carrot
- 2 baby cucumbers
- 1/4 red capsicum (please note: we recognize the recent updates by Monash University - this ingredient remains low FODMAP if eaten in the recommended serving size)
- 40g rice vermiceli noodles
- 6 rice paper sheets
- + soy sauce, spring onion (green tops only), and sesame seeds (to serve)
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry until golden.
- Once the tofu is cooked, chop the tofu and vegetables into thin strips (as pictured below).
- Prepare noodles as per packet instructions.
- Place one sheet of rice paper into a bowl of warm water for 10-15 seconds and then remove and place onto a board.
- Place the chopped veggies, tofu, and cooked noodles into the center of the sheet and roll, tucking in both sides to form a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with soy sauce, spring onion, and sesame seeds (if desired).