Valentine's Inspired Jam Drop Cookies
Valentine’s Day is soon approaching and what better gift than some homemade goodies. Jam drop cookies are a classic favourite that you know your loved ones will enjoy. This recipe is super quick and easy to make and will keep everyone's tummy happy!
Ingredients (makes 20 cookies)
- ¼ cup nuttelex
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Lo-Fo flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats, blended until flour forms
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam (~1 tsp/cookie)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the nuttelex, sugar, and syrup.
- Once well combined, add the flours, almond meal, coconut, and baking powder.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough to form cookies and place them evenly on the baking tray.
- Using a teaspoon, make a small well in the centre of each cookie and gently place in the jam.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.