Roasted Veggie Nourish Bowl
There's nothing worse than the clock ticking over to lunch time and being stuck on what to eat...
This simple bowl can be the answer to the frequent lunch time dilemma, with most ingredients already sitting in your fridge or pantry.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can roast a big batch of veggies to last a few days, store them and create your bowls as needed. A lot of these ingredients can also be substituted to what you have in your fridge :)
- 1 cup of leafy greens (baby spinach or rocket)
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- A few broccoli heads
- 1/4 a cup of capsicum
- 1 tablespoon canned corn
- Sliced canned beetroot (keep serving size under 60g if intolerant to fructans)
- 1 small can of tuna
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and chilli to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut your potato, carrot, broccoli heads and capsicum into long slices and place onto a tray lined with baking paper
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes over the veggies then bake for 25-30 minutes. Once the veggies are ready it's time to construct your bowl!
- Place your leafy greens at the bottom of the bowl. Next, simply place the remaining ingredients on top.
- Start with the potatoes in one corner and then work your way around the bowl, following with the broccoli, capsicum, carrot, beetroot, corn and finally the tuna in the middle!
- Add some mayo on top of the tuna and then squeeze the juice of half a lemon all over, drizzle some olive oil and add some extra salt, pepper and chilli !
Enjoy! Let us know if you recreate this by tagging @fodbods :)