Spicy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
Chickpeas are rich in fibre and plant protein so are bound to keep you feeling fuller and energized for longer. They're also packed full of nutrients and are super cheap and easy to add to your diet.
This recipe is low FODMAP, gluten-free, vegan-friendly, nourishing and delicious. Need we say more?
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well (fun fact: canned legumes tend to be lower in FODMAPs as some of the GOS ‘leach’ out into the water and are removed when drained and rinsed).
- Pat the chickpeas dry (this will make them extra crunchy).
- Place all of the ingredients into a container and shake to mix well.
- Scatter the coated chickpeas onto the pre-lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until golden and crisp), stirring halfway.