FODMAP Friendly Christmas Gifts
Healthier Christmas Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lactose free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- + food colour
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all cookie ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a dough is formed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and wrap with cling wrap.
- Place into the freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into desired shapes (we recommend using Christmas cookie cutters).
- Place cookies approximately 3cm apart on the prepared baking tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Whilst the cookies are baking, prepare the icing (stir all icing ingredients together until smooth).
- Once the cookies have cooled, decorate as desired.
Dark Chocolate Christmas Tree Pops
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 150g dark chocolate
- 6 skewers/paddle pop sticks
- + toppings of choice (we recommend any low FODMAP fruits, nuts or seeds)
- Line a round baking tray with baking paper or cling wrap.
- Melt chocolate as directed.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate onto the prepared tray, ensuring it is spread evenly and in a circle shape.
- Place the skewers or paddle pop sticks evenly in the chocolate, ensuring they hang out of the chocolate by at least 5cm.
- Top with the leftover chocolate and desired toppings. We used strawberries, coconut, peanuts, pepitas and sesame seeds.
- Place in the fridge to set and then cut to make mini Christmas tree pops.