Creamy mushroom and brie risotto
This risotto is soooo creamy and soooo delicious! And it's one of those ones that tastes even better the next day.
Mushrooms can be tricky when it comes to FODMAPs as most are high in Mannitol. Luckily, oyster mushrooms are not.
We hope you love this yummy risotto as much as we do. Please tag us @fodbods if you make it :)
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 bunch of spring onions, green parts only
- 200g Oyster mushrooms
- 750ml vegetable broth (we use Massel vegetable stock)
- Garlic infused olive oil (we use Cobram Estate)
- 100g brie cheese, cubed
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, loosely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Finely chop the spring onions and slice the mushrooms
- Heat the broth in a saucepan then set aside
- In a medium heavy-based saucepan lightly sauté the spring onions in garlic infused oil. Add the rice and stir until it "crackles" (about 1 minute)
- Pour in about 3/4 of the hot vegetable broth and simmer, covered, over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, in a separate pan, sauté the mushrooms in garlic infused oil until soft then add to the rice. Check texture of rice and pour in remaining broth, if required.
- Once the risotto is tender but still firm, stir in the brie and parmesan. The risotto should be nice and creamy :)
- Finally, top with the parsley and lemon juice. Voila, Now it's ready to eat!