Crispy Homemade Potato Hash Browns
Potatoes have to be one of the most versatile foods there is (big call we know). You can boil, bake or fry them, and eat them as a snack, for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
They're a great source of several vitamins and minerals, particularly potassium, folate, and vitamin C. They're high in resistant starch (a type of fibre that feeds our friendly gut bacteria), are filling and low FODMAP!
Made from only five ingredients, these hash browns are super simple yet so deliciously crunchy! Perfect addition to your weekend brunch!
This recipe makes 6 hash browns (number of servings depends on how hungry you are...)
- 6 small potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup LoFo plain flour
- 1x chicken stock cube, dissolved in 1 tsp boiling water (we use Massel)
- Grate potato and carrot (we left the skin on for some extra fibre and couldn't even taste it).
- Place grated vegetables into a colander or strainer to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large frypan over high heat.
- Using 1/4 cup, place mixture into the pan and fry for approximately 2 minutes on either side.
- Once golden, remove from the pan and place on paper towel to remove excess oil and keep warm.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with remaining potato mixture until finished.
- Best served immediately. If desired, season with salt and pepper. ENJOY!