Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Blondies
Ingredients (makes 16)
- 1 cup (140g) almond meal, packed
- ⅓ cup rolled oats (or quinoa flakes/porridge mix)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature (or 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal mixed with 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or butter, melted and cooled)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g dark chocolate, cut into chunks (or dairy free dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan bake and line a 20 cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together almond meal, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Add in the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Then add in ¾ of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ of the chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the edges are just turning golden (we want to underbake these slightly). Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!