Mediterranean Inspired Turkey Burgers
These Mediterranean inspired turkey burgers are juicy, refreshing, and packed with so much flavor you’ll find it hard to believe they're low FODMAP!
Turkey often gets a bad rap but is a great source of lean protein. When compared to beef, it is lower in saturated fat which is great for our heart health, and is also lower in calories if you're interested in weight loss.
These patties are also great on their own with a Greek side salad or perhaps tossed through your favorite pasta sauce. Either way, we can promise you won't be disappointed!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 500 g lean turkey mince
- 60 g feta, crumbled into small pieces
- 60 g olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- + salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 of your favorite low FODMAP burger buns/rolls
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- Spray a large frypan with olive oil and sauté spinach for approximately 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all burger patty ingredients together, including the sautéed spinach.
- Using 1/4 cup, fry patties for about 2 mins on either side or until golden.
- Place into an oven proof dish at 150 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- Whilst the patties are cooking in the oven, prepare other ingredients. If desired, toast a slice of cheese on your burger bun.
- Once the meat is cooked the entire way through, fill your bun with the other toppings and ENJOY!