Rainbow Nourish Bowl
This quick and easy nourish bowl is FODMAP friendly, gluten and dairy-free so everyone can enjoy! It's also perfect to meal prep, is super healthy and delicious.
Full of nourishing ingredients that your tummy and tastebuds will love, this salad has the perfect balance of all three macronutrients:
- Protein: edamame beans, tuna, and peanuts
- Carbohydrates: rice blend and quinoa
- Healthy Fats: peanuts and tuna
The colorful veg also provides a bunch of micronutrients and fibre which is great for digestion and keeps us feeling fuller for longer.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 cup cooked rice of choice (I used a microwavable mix of quinoa, brown, and wild rice)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded (3/4 cup is low FODMAP)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup edamame (1/2 cup is low FODMAP - keep in mind this recipe serves 2)
- 1 small tin (95g) of tuna in spring water, drained (feel free to substitute for chicken breast or firm tofu for a plant-based option)
- + chopped peanuts and lime wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce (can be substituted for soy sauce if not gluten intolerant)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp water
- + chili flakes (if desired)
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Place aside.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients as directed e.g. grate carrot, drain tuna, etc.
- Assemble salad as pictured below and top with dressing, peanuts, and lime wedges. ENJOY!