Vegetarian San Choy Bow
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (or GF soy sauce)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (or GF soy sauce)
- 1 ½ tbsp oyster sauce (or GF/vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine (Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry)
- 300g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp garlic or onion infused olive oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ¾ cup green beans, finely chopped
- ¾ cup oyster mushrooms, finely chopped
- Lettuce leaves of choice (e.g. iceberg lettuce, cos lettuce)
- 2 spring onions, green tips only, sliced
- Coriander leaves
- Granulated peanuts
- Mix the cornflour with water in a small dish until lump free. Add soy sauces, oyster sauce, sesame oil and cooking wine. Set aside the sauce.
- Heat infused oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Cook carrots for 2 minutes, then add in green beans and mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Using your fingers, crumble the tofu into the pan and use a spatula to break up the ‘mince’ if needed. Mix the tofu through and pour in the sauce.
- Transfer into a bowl to serve. When you’re ready to eat, spoon the tofu mixture into the lettuce leaf and sprinkle with spring onion, coriander and peanuts.