These festive appetizers are the perfect festive finger food to enjoy with your family and friends. They're easy to make, fun to eat and are low FODMAP (by ingredient) so everyone can enjoy. The perfect holiday project to get the kids involved this Christmas!
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices of lactose-free cheese
- Mini star cookie cutter
- Bamboo skewers 10 cm
- Using a peeler or a mandoline set, carefully slice the cucumbers into eight long ribbons.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half to create the bottom of the trees.
- Using the mini star cookie cutter, cut eight stars from the cheese slices.
- Carefully start folding one cucumber ribbon. Begin with small folds then bigger folds until you have created a tree shape. Insert a skewer through the middle.
- Gently separate and arrange the folds to make a Christmas tree shape.
- Push the skewer into a cherry tomato half with the cut side facing down.
- Top the Christmas tree with a cheese star.
- Repeat steps 4-7 with the remaining ingredients.