Saucy Asian Noodles
Who doesn’t love saucy noodles?!
The perfect recipe for work lunches or an easy dinner. You can adapt this recipe by adding your favourite stir fry vegetables and proteins that keep your tummy happy!
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 2 ½ Tbsp oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 2 ½ Tbsp kecap manis (also called ketjap/kicap manis or sweet soy sauce)
- 1 ½ Tbsp sambal oeleck (or ground chilli paste without garlic)
- 180g soba buckwheat noodles
- 1 cup edamame beans, shelled
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into long strips
- 1 bok choy, chopped (or pak choy or spinach)
- 1-2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 300 g firm tofu, drained and sliced
- Mix the oyster sauce, kecap manis and sambal oelek in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions or until just tender. Add edamame and carrots for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. Add the bok choy for the last 1 minute of the cooking time. Drain, then briefly rinse under cold tap water. Drain again, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan (or wok) on medium-high heat. Add half the tofu pieces and pan fry for 5 minutes (single layer), turning occasionally till evenly browned. Repeat with the second batch.
- Add all the tofu back into the pan with 2 Tbsp of the sauce mix. Gentle mix to coat each piece of tofu.
- Add the noodles, vegetables and remaining sauce. Toss for 2 minutes, ensuring everything is well coated.
- Divide into bowls and serve!