Gut-Friendly Baba Ghanoush (Eggplant Dip)
This dip is super simple, incredibly tasty and gut-friendly! Perfect for a grazing board or simply to snack on throughout the week.
Plant-based, gluten-free and FODMAP friendly so everyone can enjoy!
If you give it a go, don't forget to tag us @fodbods on Instagram.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 eggplant (after baking and removing the peel, you should have ~200 g eggplant pulp)
- 50 g feta
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil (we love this one)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a fork, prick the eggplant and place it on the preprepared baking tray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 60 mins, turning over halfway.
- Cut the eggplant open and separate the pulp from the skin (discard the skin).
- Place the pulp along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, top with extra olive oil and your favourite herbs/spices (as pictured). Serve with warm pita or your favourite low FODMAP veggie sticks and ENJOY.