Orange & Poppyseed Donuts
Note: if you don't have a donut mould, this recipe also works well for muffins.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 3x oranges
- 4x Gluten-Free Weet-Bix
- 1 + 1/4 cup Lo-Fo Pantry Flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 maple or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup oil of choice (II used olive oil)
- Zest one orange then juice the remaining part along with the other two oranges (you should have about 1 cup of freshly squeezed juice).
- In a large bowl, crush Weet-Bix then mix in flour, poppy seeds and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs, syrup and oil then pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined then pour into your donut or muffin mould.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.