Low FODMAP Cheesy Broccoli Bites
Many canapés contain high FODMAP ingredients such as onion, garlic and wheat so here's a delicious (and healthy) recipe that everyone can enjoy! I usually double the recipe and freeze a batch so I'm prepared for the next partay!
And you can happily indulge knowing they are low FODMAP, gluten free, low carb and packed full of protein and fibre.
- 2 cups of broccoli heads, boiled (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup grated cheese (we used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/2 cup hemp flour (we used Hemp Foods)
- 1 egg
- 3 Spring onions (green only) to taste, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Mingle's Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Optional additions/substitutions: dried Chilli, parsley, basil, hemp seeds, sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, line a baking tray with baking paper
- Blitz broccoli in a food processor (or just chop very finely)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture and form into a ball, spread evenly on baking tray
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through
- Serve with your favourite low FODMAP dipping sauce
To make vegan: replace egg with flax-egg and use vegan cheese
To freeze: spread uncooked balls on a large tray lined with baking paper, freeze for two hours then transfer to a ziplock bag – can be frozen for up to 3 months!