FODMAP friendly meal planning
If you’re following a low FODMAP diet, you know that the best way to ensure you’re getting your nutrition and satisfaction without unpleasant symptoms is to bring your own meals. Planning and pre-preparing meals have also been shown to improve your overall health (especially digestion), reduce stress, improve work performance, as well as help your wallet stay full!
Here are a few meal ideas to help you get through the work week.
- Overnight oats (with ½ cup rolled oats) - topped with fresh fruit such as kiwifruit and strawberries, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts
- Gluten-free spelt toast with smashed avocado and tomatoes
- Mixed berry smoothie (exclude blackberries to remain low FODMAP)
- Vegetable frittata - carrots, zucchini, capsicum, and broccoli
- Soba noodle salad - green beans, purple cabbage, tempeh, and lemon vinaigrette
- Simple fried rice - carrot, bok choy, firm tofu, and tamari
- Fodbods (obviously)
- Rice cakes with peanut butter
- Strawberries, nuts, and coconut yoghurt
- Dark chocolate