Peanut Butter Choc Chunk Brownies
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp water
- 60g rolled oats, blended into flour
- 130g Lo-Fo Pantry Low FODMAP Plain Flour
- 50g cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 cup lactose free milk (or plant-based milk), at room temperature
- ⅓ cup light olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 180g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- ½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 90g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc and line a rectangular baking tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal with water, and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, plain flour, cacao powder and brown sugar.
- Once the flaxseed mixture has thickened, whisk the flaxseed mixture, milk, oil, vanilla essence and melted chocolate to combine in another large bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add the peanuts and half of the chocolate chunks. Fold to combine.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to the lined baking tin. Spread the mixture into the corners.
- Using a tablespoon, drizzle the peanut butter over the top of the brownie mixture and use the back of the spoon to create swirls.
- Add the remaining chocolate chunks on top, and gently push them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and allow it to cool before removing from the tin. Slice the brownie into 12 serves and enjoy!