Rice Paper Sushi
Sushi is a crowd favourite - it's delicious and nutritious. However, if you're on a low FODMAP diet, you have to be mindful of high fructose syrups (often used in the rice), crumbed or battered protein (often high in wheat), and sauces like teriyaki (which may contain garlic and/or onion), not to mention it's a pain to make at home!
This recipe is nutritious, delicious, and great to meal prep for lunches. It's also plant-based and FODMAP-friendly so everyone can enjoy! Another plus? This recipe is super versatile so feel free to experiment with other colourful ingredients!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g firm tofu
- 1 (250g) sachet of microwavable rice of choice
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 rice paper sheets
- 1 small packet (5g) of roasted seaweed (nori) sheets
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- Cut the tofu into small strips and place into a flat sandwich press to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice, mash the avocado and thinly slice the cucumber.
- Place one sheet of rice paper into a bowl of warm water for 10-15 seconds and then remove and place onto a board.
- Place (in order) one sheet of seaweed, cooked rice, cucumber, cooked tofu, avocado, mayonnaise and another sheet of seaweed into the centre of the rice paper sheet and roll, tucking in both sides to form a square roll.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients and ENJOY!