Easy Low FODMAP Omelette
Eggs are jam-packed full of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, high-quality protein, and healthy fats. They’re also naturally low FODMAP, super cheap, and versatile which makes them an absolute staple (whether you have IBS or not).
We whipped up this omelette using all of our leftovers in the fridge which is a great way to minimize food wastage! Feel free to experiment and add in any leftover meat or veg that you may have laying around :)
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lactose-free milk
- Mixed herbs, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 baby carrot, grated
- 40g feta
- 1/2 cup roast chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, milk, herbs, salt, and pepper together well.
- Add in tomato, carrot, feta, and chicken and mix until well-combined.
- Pour into an oiled frypan on low-medium heat, and top with spinach leaves.
- Place the lid on the pan and leave for approximately 5 minutes to cook.
- Once the egg is almost set on the surface, fold over in half to create a semi-circle.
- Leave the folded omelette to cook for a further minute, then serve and eat immediately. Enjoy!