Miso Tofu Noodle Soup
Nourishing and warming recipe that’s quick, easy and oh so delicious!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 150g soba noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 cm of ginger
- 200g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup sliced oyster mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 L vegetable stock (made from Low FODMAP stock cubes/powder e.g. Massel)
- 1 bunch of bok choy (or Asian greens of choice), trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, green tips only, sliced
- Coriander, optional for garnish
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Chilli oil, optional
- Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil and garlic-infused olive oil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Add ginger, tofu and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes until mushrooms have softened. Add soy sauce and miso paste, and stir to combine.
- Add in vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, then add in bok choy and carrots. Cook for another 2 minutes until bok choy and carrots are tender.
- Divide the broth, tofu, vegetables and soba noodles between two bowls. Garnish with spring onion greens, coriander, sesame seeds and chilli oil. Enjoy!
Please note: this soup is low FODMAP provided you divide it evenly into the recommended number of serves.