Pan-Fried Zucchini Pizza
If you don't like pizza, this recipe probably isn't for you (but let's be real, who doesn't like pizza?!). Italian has to be one of our favorite cuisines here at Fodbods and so naturally, we had to create a healthy, FODMAP-friendly recipe that we could all enjoy. It's super easy, tasty, and actually nourishing.
Just keep in mind that this recipe is FODMAP friendly by ingredient when eaten in the recommended serving size!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 zucchini (or 1/2 cup grated)
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pizza toppings of your choice. I used:
- Tomato (65g is low FODMAP)
- Mozzarella (40g is low FODMAP)
- BBQ sauce (2 tbsp is low FODMAP)
- Finely chop the parsley and grate zucchini, draining as much liquid as possible.
- Place the parsley, zucchini, flour, herbs and egg into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a lightly greased frying pan and spread to form your pizza base.
- Fry on low heat, covering with a lid for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once golden, flip, add toppings and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!