Simple Gut-Friendly Noodle Salad
This recipe is plant-based, low FODMAP (by ingredient) and is so ridiculously delicious, you’ll find it hard to believe it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. It's also super versatile so feel free to experiment with other colorful veggies or alternate protein sources.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1x rice vermicelli nest (68g)
- 100g firm tofu
- 2x baby cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 1x small tin corn kernels (75g)
- 1x small packet (5g) of roasted seaweed (nori) sheets
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- + coriander, sesame seeds and chili to top (if desired)
- Place the noodles in a bowl with boiling water, cover with a lid and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into small strips and place into a flat sandwich press to cook.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients e.g. slice cucumber, drain corn and prepare the dressing (mix fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and lemon juice together well in a small bowl).
- Once the noodles and tofu are cooked, assemble all ingredients in a bowl and top with dressing plus additional toppings (if desired).