Creamy Pumpkin & Kale Risotto
This yummy recipe features our favourite stock concentrate from Urban Forager
. It's FODMAP-friendly, gluten-free, plant-based, and can easily be made vegan. Also, so unbelievably simple to make.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 tsp FODMAP vegetable stock concentrate
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp onion-infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup roast pumpkin (Japanese) puree
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (omit if vegan)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pumpkin seeds to top
- Add the stock concentrate and boiling water to a jug and stir to combine.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the rice and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Reduce to medium heat then gradually add in the stock.
- Once the stock has been completely absorbed, the rice should be tender and creamy. If not, continue to add boiling water until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Stir through the kale, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper, topping with pumpkin seeds and your choice of protein to serve.