Gut Friendly French Toast
Who said making French toast had to be hard? This recipe will take you less than 15 minutes to make and is super versatile, so make it yours! Simply add your favourite toppings - from yogurt and berries, Nutella and banana to bacon and maple syrup - the opportunities are endless!
It's high in protein and low FODMAP (by ingredient) so is bound to leave you with a happy, satisfied tummy. If you give it a go, make sure you tag us @fodbods on Instagram :)
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lactose-free milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 slices of your favourite low FODMAP bread (I love this one by Alpine Breads)
Toppings of choice, I used:
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup frozen berries (mix of blueberries and raspberries)
1 tsp icing sugar (to dust)
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Add bread to the egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Add in the slices of bread and fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with desired toppings and ENJOY!