Healthy FODMAP Friendly Anzac Biscuits
In honour of our war heroes and the soldiers who dedicated their lives to protecting us, we've created a healthy FODMAP-friendly ANZAC biscuit recipe.
While traditionally made on a base of white (wheat) flour, golden syrup, and sugar, this healthy recipe features the wholesome goodness of rolled oats and heart-healthy olive oil. They're the perfect balance of crunchy and chewy with yummy hints of coconut throughout.
Ingredients (makes 14 biscuits)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Combine oats, coconut, flour, and bicarb soda together in a bowl.
- Add oil, syrup, and water, and mix until well combined,
- Divide the mixture into 14 small balls and flatten to form a biscuit.
- Place onto a pre-lined baking tray and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and ENJOY!