Healthy Chocolate Crackles
Chocolate crackles are a staple at every Aussie kids birthday party! This recipe is a healthy twist on the nostalgic (and sugary) classic, and make the perfect guilt-free treat for adults and kids!
They're quick and easy to make, low FODMAP so no tummy aches, vegan-friendly, and are high in fibre and antioxidants! The perfect treat for the kiddies (and yourself) without the nasty sugar-crash.
- 1 2/3 cup rice puffs (we used this brand)
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well-combined.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of mixture into one muffin case at a time (this recipe will make about 20).
- Once all of the mixture is used, place into the fridge to set and ENJOY!
Note: if you run out of muffin cases, save the leftovers in a bowl for breakfast. Serve with your favourite milk for a healthy twist on coco pops!