Low FODMAP Coconutty Chicken Nuggets
What is more kid-friendly than chicken nuggets? This healthy twist on a classic makes the perfect afternoon tea snack or easy dinner for the little ones (and big ones). You could even serve with a nice salad for something a bit more substantial.
These nuggets are a great source of lean protein, are low FODMAP, taste incredible, and can be made with ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen.
If you give these a go, make sure you tag @fodbods on Instagram :)
- 500 g chicken breast, diced into small cubes
- 3/4 cup of your favourite milk (we used this one to add a nice coconutty flavour)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the milk, vinegar and egg together well in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut, flour, paprika, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Heat a fry-pan to high heat and add in the oil.
- One at a time, coat each chicken piece with the milk then flour mixture and add to the pan.
- Once golden, flip once then add to a pre-prepared baking tray.
- Place the bites into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius to ensure fully cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!