Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad
This fresh low FODMAP Quinoa salad is super filling and healthy! It’s easy to make and a great side dish to take to take to an event, especially if you’re not sure there will be FODMAP friendly foods available. You can even use it to meal prep an awesome low FODMAP lunch for the week.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- ¼ cup red capsicum (diced)
- 2 cups baby spinach (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup coriander or parsley (finely chopped)
- Handful of mint (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Cranberries (roughly chopped)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 40 grams Feta cheese
- 10 Walnuts (roasted in pan and crushed)
- Good crack of salt and pepper
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa then transfer to a large pan. Add in stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Once the quinoa has cooked use a fork to fluff and separate it, then allow to cool.
- As the quinoa is cooking, chop all salad ingredients and add to a large bowl.
- Once quinoa has cooled, add to the salad bowl and combine.
- Next add all dressing ingredients to a jar or small container with a lid. Shake well to combine, then pour over salad.
- Top with crumbled feta and crushed walnuts.
As always, let us know if you recreate this dish – we love hearing from you!