Lychee & Passionfruit Sago Pudding
Sago pudding is a refreshing and satisfying dessert. You can make it ahead of time, so it’s perfect for entertaining. This tropical sago pudding is FODMAP friendly, plant-based and gluten free!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200 ml canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup lactose free milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp brown sugar (orr more to taste if you like it sweeter)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup small tapioca pearls (or sago seeds)
- 4 passionfruit, halved
- 12 lychees, peeled and pitted
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Place the coconut milk, milk, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a pot. Stir over low-medium heat until the brown sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Place the bowl in the fridge to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a pot. Add the tapioca pearls to the boiling water, and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes until the tapioca is completely transparent. If after 20 minutes the tapioca pearls still have white centre, turn off the heat and cover for another 10 minutes.
- Once the tapioca pearls are cooked, drain and rinse under cold running water. Soak in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- When ready to serve, drain the tapioca pearls. Divide the passionfruit pulp and tapioca pearls between the glasses. Place three lychees in each glass and pour the coconut milk mixture into the glasses. Finish with a sprinkle with coconut flakes.