Peanut Rice Christmas Snacks
Easy, delicious snacks that everyone will love!
A festive peanutty snack with a hint of ginger & spice. Chewy, gooey and crunchy all at once. This low-FODMAP, no-bake recipe is the perfect holiday project for the kids.
Ingredients (makes 6)
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 75 g Fodbods Ginger & Spice Nibbles
- 2 ½ cups rice bubbles
- Large gingerbread man and Christmas tree cookie cutter
- White icing for decorating
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, melt together the rice malt syrup and peanut butter, stirring until just combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract until combined.
- Using a blender or food processor, blitz the nibbles into a powder.
- Add the rice bubbles and nibbles powder to a large mixing bowl, and pour the peanut butter mixture on top. Stir until well combined.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place the gingerbread man cookie cutter onto a tray. Press the rice bubble mixture firmly into the mould (don’t forget the sides). Gently, push the gingerbread man out of the mould. Repeat with the remaining mixture, using the cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place the baking trays in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Decorate with icing as desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: This recipe is low FODMAP (by ingredient).