Allergy friendly protein bites
These bite-sized protein bites are nut free, vegan, gluten free and FODMAP friendly. Perfect for snacking, breakfast toppings and kids' lunchboxes. They're super easy, healthy and delicious!
- 120g Seed butter (I used pumpkin seed butter, but Tahini also works)
- 80g Maple Syrup
- 50g Brown rice protein (you can find it at Source Bulk Foods)
- 20g Cacao powder
- 30g Seed mix (I used this one from Source Bulk Foods)
- 20g Mini Choc Chips (these ones from Sweet William are great)
- 10g Coconut oil
- 10g Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, place baking paper on a baking tray
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then smoosh the mixture together using your hands (I'm sure there's a more technical term than "smoosh" but you get the gist). Feel free to add extra ingredients, but the mixture needs to bind.
- Roll the dough into small balls and spread evenly on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool and they're ready to munch!
This makes about 16 small balls. I often double the recipe to make a giant batch.