Low FODMAP Choc Chip Oat Cookies
Who doesn't love cookies?! These Choc Chip Oat cookies are especially scrumptious and they're low FODMAP so you can indulge knowing they won't upset your gut.
They're easy to make, perfect for every occasion. Eat them straight from the oven or freeze them for up to 3 months.
- 1.5 Cups of rolled oats (lightly pulverised in a food processor)
- 1 cup of Lofo Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 1 cup organic brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Mix the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl then set aside
3. In a separate (larger) bowl, mix macadamia oil and brown sugar with a hand mixer
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract, continue mixing until fluffy
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients, before finally folding in the chocolate chips
6. Using a big spoon or ice cream scoop, roll the cookie dough into balls. Place onto a large baking tray (with baking powder) - leave about 2cm between each cookie. Flatten with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. NOTE: cookies will be quite soft when you first take them out of the oven, don't be fooled into leaving them in longer because they'll end up like crumbly pieces of cement.