One Pot Seafood Risotto
This one-pot risotto is the perfect winter meal - great for when you're having a dinner party or need to cook in bulk (this recipe serves approx. 4 people).
It's easy, healthy and really versatile – if you have some leftover roast veg that you need to use, spinach that's starting to wilt or any other low FODMAP vegetables, feel free to add in or substitute one of the others.
Heads up: while you may notice that some ingredients are high FODMAP, they are used in small enough amounts for the meal to remain low FODMAP overall.
If you try this recipe and love it as much as we do, please share the love by tagging @fodbods :)
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 400 g marinara mix (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 30 g spring onion, diced (green tops only)
- 100 g fennel, diced
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 700 ml low FODMAP vegetable stock (we like Massel's)
- 75 g green beans, chopped in half
- 75 g broccoli heads
- 30 g parmesan, shaved
- 1/2 lemon, grated zest + juice
- Parsley and extra parmesan to top (we like to use a lot)
- Heat a large pot over high heat, add in oil and seafood mix.
- Once cooked, reduce to medium heat.
- Add in spring onion and fennel, and stir.
- After 5 minutes, add in dry rice and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in stock 100mL at a time until fully absorbed (this step should take approximately 15 minutes).
- Once the rice begins to reach your desired consistency, reduce to low heat and add in the beans and broccoli.
- Cook for 5 minutes then stir through the parmesan, lemon juice and zest.
- Top with parsley and extra parmesan to serve.