Low FODMAP Savoury Muffins
Looking for a quick and nutritious breakfast idea or perhaps an easy snack on-the-go? These low FODMAP muffins are perfect to meal prep and are super versatile so you can add whatever you fancy or have laying around.
High in protein and fibre, these muffins are bound to keep you feeling fuller for longer!
If you give them a go and love them as much as we do, please share the love by tagging @fodbods :)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup lactose free milk (or milk of choice if you’re not lactose intolerant)
- 1 cup diced ham
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- Pumpkin seeds (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and spray a muffin tin with olive oil.
- Sift flour, baking powder and paprika into a large bowl then add in the oats. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with milk then add in ham and cheese.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and fold in the wet ingredients.
- Layer the spinach, chives, tomato, and carrot in the pre-prepared baking tray (as pictured), and then top with the egg mixture.
- If desired, top with pumpkin seeds and extra chives.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with your favorite low FODMAP condiment and enjoy!