6 Healthy Halloween Treats
Halloween is typically filled with lollies, chocolates, and sugary treats - it’s often quite hard to avoid. That’s why we have developed 6 Healthy Halloween Treats for the little tricksters.
There's a mix of sweet and savoury to keep everyone happy - they're all low FODMAP and super easy to prepare, so don’t get spooked! Perfect for a Halloween themed party or funky lunchbox snacks for the little ones.
Let us know if you give any of them a go by tagging us @fodbods on Instagram :)
Halloween Stuffed Capsicums with Pumpkin, Carrot and Feta Dip
- 200 g kent pumpkin
- 1 large carrot
- 50 g feta
- 2 capsicums (please note: red capsicum is low FODMAP in any serve whilst green capsicum is low FODMAP at ½ cup)
- 4 baby carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- Prepare dip as per instructions (please note the above serving sizes - we reduced the original recipe to fill one capsicum).
- Slice off the tops of the capsicums (if desired, keep the lid to serve) and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Cut jack-o-lantern faces into the capsicums using a sharp knife (triangle shapes are easiest).
- Once the dip is cooled and prepared, fill one capsicum with the dip and other with carrot sticks (as pictured).
Eyeball Caprese Salad
- Basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes (please note: 75g is low FODMAP)
- Cherry bocconcini
- Black olives
- Balsamic vinegar (please note: 1 tbsp is low FODMAP)
- Thinly slice tomatoes, bocconcini and olives.
- Place basil leaves on a platter, and top with tomato, bocconcini and olives.
- If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Banana Ghost and Mummy Pops
- Bananas (please note: ⅓ ripe is low FODMAP whilst 1 whole unripe is low FODMAP)
- Dark choc chips
- Smooth peanut butter
- Paddle pop sticks or skewers
- Peel and cut bananas into desired length (for ghosts, we cut into halves and for mummies, we cut into thirds).
- Place bananas onto a stick/skewer.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over mummy pops, and top all with chocolate chips for eyes.
Mini Mandarin Pumpkins
- Mandarins (FODMAP free fruit - yay!)
- Cut cucumber into small pieces.
- Peel mandarins.
- Poke a cucumber piece into the top of each mandarin (as pictured).
Salmon and Cream Cheese Mummies
- Black olives
- Cream cheese (please note: 2 tbsp is low FODMAP)
- Arnott’s rice or corn cruskits
- Smoked salmon
- Thinly slice cucumber and olives.
- Spread thin layer of cream cheese on cruskit, and top with salmon, cucumber and olives (as pictured).
Fodbods Spooky Spider Balls
- Pretzels (please note: ½ cup is low FODMAP)
- Your favourite Fodbods bar/s
- Crush pretzels into small pieces.
- Place the bar/s into the microwave and heat at 10 second intervals, until soft.
- Roll into balls and place pretzel pieces in the sides as spider legs (as pictured).
ENJOY :) xo