Low FODMAP Brekky Tacos
These tacos make the perfect weekend breakfast! They're low FODMAP, super easy, taste delicious, and are an absolute crowd pleaser - what more could you want?!
If you give them a go, remember to tag us on Instagram @fodbods so we can see all your yummy recreations :)
- 5 eggs + a dash of your favorite milk + salt and pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas (we LOVE and recommend this brand)
- 12 thin slices of chorizo (would also be super yummy with smoked salmon)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tomato, diced
- 60 g feta, crumbled
- 1 lime
Please note: chorizo is certified low FODMAP by Monash at 4 slices however it's important to be mindful of particular brands if you're sensitive to fructans (some may contain onion or garlic).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together well.
- Heat a frypan over high heat, spray with olive oil and then add in eggs.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, heat another frypan to warm tortillas and chorizo.
- Once the eggs are scrambled and both tortillas and chorizo are warm, it's time to assemble your tacos!
- Layer spinach, chorizo, eggs, tomato, and top with feta and lime juice. Enjoy!