Low FODMAP Strawberry Infused Scones
Strawberries a great source of vitamins, minerals and plant compounds — some of which have powerful health benefits. They're also low GI which means they should not cause any spikes in blood sugar or insulin levels. Oh, and did we mention they're low FODMAP at any serve?!
If that wasn't enough reason to eat more strawberries, you have to try these scones. You won't be disappointed! Serves 4.
- ~5 large strawberries
- 1 + 1/3 cup gluten free self-raising flour (feel free to use plain flour and just add 2 tsp baking powder - we used this one)
- 1/3 cup cold lemonade
- 1/3 cup lactose free thickened cream (we used this one)
- + whipped cream, jam and strawberries to serve
- In a small bowl, mash strawberries until you have 1/3 cup strawberry puree (you may need to add or remove berries depending on their size).
- In a large bowl, sift flour and make a well.
- Add in lemonade, cream and mashed berries and mix well.
- Using a 1/3 cup (dusted in extra flour), scoop and place mixture onto pre-lined baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with whipped cream, strawberry jam and extra strawberries.