Low FODMAP Twist on Tiktok's Rice Paper Dumplings
Tiktok has done it again with another viral recipe. Unfortunately, like many of the others, the popular recipe for rice paper dumplings is high FODMAP, thanks to ingredients such as garlic, onion and celery. That’s why we decided to make our own with low FODMAP ingredients (and they’re just as, if not more yummy than the original ones!).
These mouthwatering crispy pan-fried rice paper dumplings are so simple and delicious - you guys have to try them! As always, let us know if you try them by tagging us @fodbods on Instagram.
Ingredients (makes 8 dumplings)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup prawns, thawed
- ½ cup cabbage, roughly chopped
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- 3 tbsp spring onions (green tops only)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 16 rice paper sheets
- 1 tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a large fry pan and add carrot and prawns.
- Once the carrot has softened, add the cabbage and mushrooms.
- Pan fry for 5 minutes and then add coriander, spring onion and soy sauce.
- Once well-combined, remove from the heat.
- Place one sheet of rice paper into a bowl of warm water (as per packet instructions), and spoon a large tablespoon of dumpling mixture into the centre. Roll into a tight parcel and then wrap with another sheet (double wrapping the dumpling will prevent any breakages).
- Repeat step 5 until all of the mixture is used (you should end up with 8 dumplings).
- Heat the garlic oil over high heat and fry dumplings until golden and crispy.
- If desired, serve with soy sauce and enjoy!