Savoury muffins are simply underrated. These muffins are packed with Mediterranean flavours and the best thing is they’re FODMAP-friendly and plant–based too!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 2 cups Lofo Pantry plain flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup lactose free yoghurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups grated hard cheese
- 80 g feta cheese
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato strips
- 1 cup red capsicum, diced
- ¾ cup spring onion (green part only), sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin with olive oil.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, yoghurt and olive oil in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisk until just combined.
- Add cheese, feta, olives, tomato, capsicum and spring onion into the bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin holes, filling the muffin holes to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool and serve warm.