What screams Christmas morning more than Santa pancakes?! Such a fun activity to get the whole family involved. This recipe is quick and easy to make as well as being low FODMAP (by ingredient) so everyone can enjoy. If you’re stuck for time, feel free to prep the pancakes in advance!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup lactose-free yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 firm banana, thinly sliced
- 4 white chocolate buttons
- 4 blueberries
- 2 raspberries
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, yogurt and syrup.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the batter, flipping when bubbles form on the surface (remember to make the pancake big enough to fit Santa's beard and hat).
- Place each pancake on individual plates and allow to cool before decorating.
- To decorate, arrange the strawberries in the shape of a hat and the banana in the shape of Santa’s beard.
- Place the chocolate and blueberries as eyes and raspberry as his nose, topping with whipped cream to finish (as pictured).